Friday, October 18, 2013

Art Analysis


While searching through images for inspiration for my project, this particular one caught my eye. First I noticed how well the swampy scenery went with the image which connects melancholy mood with the scene. Then there's the robot itself, standing leg deep in swamp water while the rest of it's body is pumping out steam trying to get through it. How the machinery of this robot reacts to the environment around really motivates me to incorporate something like that in my project. Furthermore the industrial looking parts of the robot like the nozzles blowing out steam, the lights illuminating through the fog, and the enormous cannon on top is equally blended with a multiple wooden parts which add a nice contrast. Most of all, the posture of the robot is very interesting; the legs and the size of the robot give it frightening and hardened look.

No comments:

Post a Comment